ADDENDUM # 6: RFP for Loews Jersey Theatre
Date of Addendum: 8/27/2020
NOTICE TO ALL POTENTIAL RESPONDENTS
The Request for Proposals for the Redevelopment of the Loew’s Jersey Theatre posted by the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency (the “JCRA”) on June 11, 2020 (the “RFP”) is modified as set forth in this Addendum. The RFP and any previously issued addenda remain in full force and effect, except as modified by this Addendum, which is hereby made part of the RFP. Respondent shall take this Addendum into consideration when preparing and submitting its Proposal.
I. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
The RFP is amended and supplemented by the following answers, certain answers having been prepared by the FOL, as applicable, and provided as informational responses to questions raised about the RFP.
1. NJ Historic Preservation Office Review. It’s our understanding two levels of historic review will be required: the Jersey City Preservation Commission and the State HPO. We are also under the impression that the Secretary of Interior Rehabilitation Standards will be used as a guide towards what needs to be maintained vs. changed. If we wanted to upgrade, replace, restore, or repair something at the theater, would be able to do so as long as we provide documentation and reasoning why we recommend change?
ANSWER: Yes, provided changes are in accordance with SHPO standards and regulations.
2. Patron Amenities. From our site tour we noticed the opportunity to expand significantly on the number of restrooms. With this, it may require reaching down to the Basement level to provide additional fixtures, would this be possible? This includes: elevators, new stairs, repurposing of the plenum space to create this area.
3. Patron Amenities. If we look to utilize the balcony, we will need to locate an elevator in the right location to get up to the third level, is there elevator access to the third level?
ANSWER: There currently is not, but open for discussion.
4. Food and Beverage. Can you please provide F&B kitchen capabilities and configurations? We noticed there is very little space for food and beverage/concessions support. Is there space for the installment of a large catering pantry or added kitchen space? Where will kitchen deliveries and trash be handled?
ANSWER: The respondent may propose solutions to address this as needed. Kitchen/catering space may be available on the lower levels of the facility.
5. Building Exterior. Can you please confirm if there are any opportunities for sponsor signage – large vertical blade sign or upgrading the marquee/display and/or options for sponsor/naming rights of the theater?
ANSWER: As noted in the original RFP language, the name of the facility shall remain the Loew’s Jersey Theatre.