RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS RECEIVED THROUGH FEBRUARY 02 , 2021 FOR BAYFRONT 1 REDEVELOPMENT: PHASE 1A, SURCHARGE PROGRAM
RESPONSES TO QUESTION RECEIVED THROUGH FEBRUARY 02, 2021
1. Is the purpose of the testing the soil to identify an offsite disposal/recycling facility?
2. Do we know the volume of material that requires testing?
3. What is the origin of the material that requires testing? Is it from future utility trenches and/or the current stockpile?
4. Is there any analytical available for the material that requires testing?
5. Will the samples be collected using onsite equipment or does a driller need to be mobilized to facilitate sample collection?
1. Soil will not be removed from the site. The purpose of the testing is to verify that the Imported Fill material meets the requirements for “Clean Fill” as described in the Memo from Potomac Hudson LSRP for the JCRA as included in Appendix 8 of the Specifications and Contract Documents.
2. The quantities on the Earthwork Summary on Contract Drawing GT-4 are to be utilized for the basis for the project.
3. The Permanent Roadway Embankment and Site Fills will be composed of Imported Fill material. The source of the material will be selected by the Contractor and approved by the Engineer. Refer to Section 203-Embankment, Subsection 203.02.01 A for Imported Fill material requirements.
4. No. The Permanent Roadway Embankment and Site Fills will be composed of Imported Fill material. Refer to Section 203-Embankment, Subsection 202.02.01.01 B for Environmental Testing requirements for Imported Fill Material.
5. Samples will not be collected on-site. The Permanent Roadway Embankment and Site Fills will be composed of Imported Fill material.
1. Will CME be willing to release a grading CAD file for takeoff purposes?
2. Per the plan set there is reference to a Proposed Temporary Wooden Safety Fence and a Timber Pedestrian Guard located behind the temporary MSE Retaining Wall. Please provide a typical detail or specification for the requirements of this fence. Please also indicate under which item this is to be paid.
1. CME will not be releasing a grading CAD file.
2. The Proposed Temporary Wooden Safety Fence/Timber Pedestrian Guard is included as part of the Temporary Surcharge Retaining Wall design-build. Payment will be included in Bid Item No. 39 Temporary Surcharge Retaining Wall. Refer to Section 515-Temporary Surcharge Retaining Wall, Subsections 515.01, 515.03.01 A and 515.04 of the Project Specifications.